One Day Carbon Steel
May – November 2022
One Day Carbon Steel Workshop
In our One Day Carbon Steel workshop you will spend the day in our fully-equipped studio, where our experienced bladesmiths will carefully guide you through the process of creating your own knife from carbon steel stock.
From the minute you arrive you will be immersed in all things fire, steel, and bladesmithing tools. It is a world away from your daily committments, with the rolling Barossa Valley vineyards as your backdrop.
The best part? At the end of the day you get to walk away with a beautiful knife to call your own, and an experience to treasure.
- Choose a knife shape that they would like to make, e.g. kitchen, utility knife
- Learn about and be involved in the forging process
- Learn about and be involved in the heat treating and tempering process
- Learn to grind and shape the blade from carbon steel
- Choose handle material and learn to make, fit and shape the handle
- Learn how to sharpen the knife and care for their knife long term
- Take home a completed knife
- Full day of specialist tuition
- All required materials
- All required safety equipment
- A knife to take home
- As much support as you need
Book a class
We offer a highly personalised booking experience.
To book your own One Day Carbon Steel Workshop, please enter your details in the form below.
We will respond within two business days.